- Highlighting Guide
- Instructor Support
- Practice Exams
- Study Tips
- 1 Year of Access
Your state exam is open book. To Our online exam prep is available 24/7. Study from your home or office with an instructor presenting the information to you online.
- Fast Shipping
- Lowest Pricing
- Printed Tabs
Requirements to Obtaining your License
A contractors License in Tennessee is required for projects that exceed $25,000. Anyone seeking to become a contractor in Tennessee is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade. Topics in our online course include bidding and estimating, contract management, liens, tax basics, insurance bonding, scheduling and project management, employee relations, financial management and more. Our course provides an extensive review to prepare to pass your business and law exam. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you - Invest in Yourself.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in Tennessee is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Please note that the Limited Licensed Electrician and the Limited Licensed Plumber classifications do NOT require the business and law exam to be passed.
- Workers Compensation is required
- If your monetary limit is up to $500,000, you will need to provide $100,000 coverage.
- If your monetary limit is $500,001 - $1,500,000, you will need to provide $500,000 coverage.
- If your monetary limit is greater than $1,500,000 you will need to provide $1,000,000 coverage.
Work that can be Done Under this License
There are many classifications of licensure that can be obtained by passing only this exam. For example, you could obtain a license in roofing, gas piping, painting, carpentry, masonry, and so forth.
Applying to get your LicenseAn application for licensure can be obtained from the Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors by calling 1-800-544-7693. The licensing and application fee is $250.00.
Reciprocity AgreementsTennessee has limited reciprocity agreement with the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 50 questions and a 140 minute time limit
- 73% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $57.
- Topics on the exam include licensing requirements, estimating and bidding, business organization and financial management, tax laws, labor laws, project management and lien law, contractors, risk management, and environment and safety.
Books and References for the Exam
The following reference is permitted to be taken into the examination. This reference may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Tennessee Contractors Guide to Business and Project Management
Exam Review, Training, Education
Online Training: Each time you take the practice test, the questions our randomly generated from our database so you never see the same test twice. Topics in this review include bidding and estimating, contract management, liens, tax basics, insurance and bonding, scheduling and project management, employee management, financial management, and much more.
Online Class Price: $104.99