To become a licensed concrete contractor in the state of North Carolina, you are required to pass an open-book exam. We offer the books, tabs, and a fully online and inclusive educational course to prepare you to sit for the North Carolina Concrete Contractors’ exam. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you - Invest in Yourself.
About This License
The Masonry Contractor classification covers the installation, with or without the use of mortar or adhesives, of the following:
- (i) brick, concrete block, gypsum partition tile, pumice block, or other lightweight and facsimile units and products common to the masonry industry;
- (ii) installation of fire clay products and refractory construction; and
- (iii) installation of rough cut and dressed stone, marble panels and slate units, and installation of structural glazed tile or block, glass brick or block, and solar screen tile or block.
This license is divided into three types: Limited, Intermediate, and Unlimited.
- The Limited License has a financial limit per project of up to $500,000. In order to qualify, the applicant must be financially stable and show that they exceed their total liabilities by $17,000.
- The Intermediate License has a financial limit of up to $1,000,000 per project. In order to qualify, the applicant must be financially stable and show that they exceed their total liabilities by $75,000.
- The Unlimited License is not restricted to the value of the project. In order to qualify the applicant must be financially stable and show that they exceed their total liabilities by $150,000.