Arizona Minor Home Improvements License

To become a licensed Minor Home Improvements Contractor in the state of Arizona, you are required to pass an open-book exam. We offer the books, tabs, and a fully online and inclusive educational course to prepare you to sit for the Arizona Minor Home Improvements exam. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you - Invest in Yourself.

Arizona  Contractor License
Steps to Success

1. Purchase Books and other references.
2. Schedule and pass your state exams.
3. Submit your application, licensing fee, and proof of insurance to the State.

Features and Benefits:
Instructor Support
iOS/Android Compatible
Study Tips
Highlighting Guides
1 Year of Access
Practice Exams

Course Fee: $99.99

About This License

    Arizona R-62 License
    This license is for projects of $5,000 or less including labor and materials, this classification allows the licensee to perform remodeling, repairs, and improvements to existing structures or appurtenances. The minor home improvement contractor shall not perform structural work to any existing structures or appurtenances, including load bearing masonry or concrete work (with the exception of on-grade flat work), and load bearing carpentry work (with the exception of patio or porch covers). Any work related to electrical, plumbing, air conditioning systems, and boilers must be subcontracted to an appropriately licensed contractor.


Our training is written by Subject Matter Experts and built by Instructional Designers.

No Pass, No Pay

If you are not able to pass your exam on the SECOND attempt, we will refund your course fee. Conditions do apply.

Flexible & Self Paced

Simply login and out as needed. We track your progress.

Mobile Compatible

Our training is built on HTML5 - so you can take it with on your tablet or smartphone.

Lowest Price

We will beat ANY price by 10% for a similar program.

Requirements to Obtaining your License

  • 0 years of experience is required.
  • Please note that the Arizona Business Management exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractor’s license.
  • Workers compensation insurance is required if you employ at least 1 person.

Exam Review, Training, Education

The program takes you through each one of the reference books allowed into the exam, showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented.

Books and References for the Exam

The following references are recommended to study for the examination. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.

The following references ARE PERMITTED to be used during the trade exam.

  • OSHA 1926
  • 2015 International Residential Code
  • Gypsum Construction Handbook
  • Carpentry and Building Construction
  • Painting & Decorating Craftsman's Manual and Textbook

Exam Details

  • The fee for the exam is $66 when taking 1 portion or $116 when taking 2 portions (business management and the trade).
  • The exam has 30 questions and a time limit of 75 minutes.
  • A 70% is required to pass.
  • Topics on the exam include Concrete, Masonry, Painting and Wall Covering, Drywall, Rough Carpentry and Framing, Siding, Finish Carpentry, Roofing, Insulation, Windows and Doors, and OSHA Safety.
  • Examinations can be scheduled through PSI by calling 1-800-733-9267.

Continuing Education


Applying to Get Your License

To apply, contact the Arizona Registrar of Contractors at 1-602-542-1525. Licenses are good for 2 years. Licenses are generally granted within 40-60 days.

  • 1. Check availability of and reserve the applicant name with the Registrar of Contractors(ROC) a. Once the applicant name is reserved with the ROC, verify the name’s availability with the Arizona Corporation Commission (for Corporations and LLC’s) or the Secretary of State (for Partnerships). b. Forman entity with that name at the Arizona Corporation Commission or Secretary of State as applicable.
  • 2. Take and pass appropriate Trade and Business Management exams. a. In lieu of taking a trade test applicants may apply to waive the trade exam.
  • 3. Obtain a Transaction Privilege Tax Number (TPT) from the Arizona Department of Revenue (if applicable) and a Tax Identification Number (TIN) fromthe Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
  • 4. Obtain a bond.
  • 5. Complete the license application and all supporting documents and forms.

If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.

Reciprocity Agreement


  More Details